Catalyze Your Career in Education
The Seton Teacher Residency Program provides aspiring educators a supportive opportunity to teach, grow and earn a teaching license within a diverse, joyful and innovative Catholic education setting – while receiving a full salary and benefits.
Seton Teacher Residents play an important role in accomplishing our transformational vision. We hope you’ll pursue this unique opportunity to serve and effect a positive change to Milwaukee education.
Earn a Teaching License in 16 Months
Seton Teacher Residents commit to teaching in an elementary or middle school classroom for two years. It will be rewarding. The time spent will make an immediate and lasting impact on the lives of your students.
During this same two year period, Residents participate in a customized graduate school program to hone critical knowledge and skills… and achieve a State of Wisconsin initial educator license in just 16 months.
Seton Catholic Schools supports Residents. You’ll be provided a full salary and benefits package. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to earn up to $5,500 in loan repayment bonuses for successfully completing the Residency and continuing to teach in the network.
Training, Support and Graduate School Partnership
Our collaboration with Cardinal Stritch University offers a unique synthesis of theory and practice. It combines a classroom “apprenticeship” with a carefully aligned sequence of master’s-level coursework.
Seton also provides significant professional training and support for Residents, including:
- An initial summer training partnership with the Center for Urban Teaching in which Residents learn and practice instructional and classroom management strategies in a Milwaukee summer school.
- During the school year, Residents will teach and grow under the guidance of a Seton Master Teacher. These highly effective teacher leaders and mentors have a proven track record of success.
- Ongoing instructional coaching and differentiated professional development, including our monthly Seton Teacher Academy for new educators.
Licensing Program Details
- 16-month, 32-credit program leading to State of Wisconsin initial educator license
- Total estimated tuition: $10,500
- Blended format: Courses provided online and on-site at Seton Catholic Schools
- Coursework aligned with network and school vision, and taught by Seton educators and leaders
- Opportunity to complete a Master’s degree upon certification
- Master’s degree options include literacy, special education, bilingual education, and religious studies
Salary and Benefits
- Full Salary
- Summer School Stipend
- Ability to Earn a $5,500 in Tuition Repayment Bonuses
- Health, Dental and Vision Family Coverage
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Pension Program
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited College/University by June 2017
- Reference Letter from a Member of Clergy or other Ministry Leader
- Ability to Start in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on June 14, 2017